The RSK advises the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) in safety-related matters and thus matters concerning the physical protection of nuclear installations and radioactive waste management.* Further information on consultations and the topics dealt with are given in Chapter IV. Processes - 11. Consultations of the Reactor Safety Commission (RSK) and handling of the results (on page 75) of the Manual on cooperation between the Federation and the Länder in atomic law. Click here for the document (in German).
Since 1958, the RSK has been performing this advisory work for the federal ministry responsible for the safety of nuclear installations and radiation protection (since 2018 the BMU, formerly the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (2013-2018), the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (1986-2013), the Federal Ministry of the Interior (1972-1986), the Federal Ministry for Education and Science (1969-1972), the Federal Ministry of Scientific Research (1962-1969), the Federal Ministry of Nuclear Energy and Water (1958-1962)).
- RECOMMENDATION of 22./23.10.2019 - Assessing the effectiveness of measures to prevent recurrence of events (available in German only)
- RECOMMENDATION of 22./23.10.2019 - Ageing management - Status of implementation and common practice regarding the requirements for ageing management according to KTA 1403 for electrical and I&C components (available in German only)
- RECOMMENDATION of 22./23.10.2019 - Results of the ENSREG Topical Peer Review on ageing management – Requirement of examining the RPV base material
- RECOMMENDATION of 22./23.10.2019 - Steam generator tube degradation due to stress corrosion cracking – Measures to ensure steam generator tube integrity (available in German only)
* With the establishment of the NUCLEAR WASTE MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (Entsorgungskommission - ESK) at the BMU on 12.06.2008 and its first meeting on 30.06.2008, radioactive waste management has become a topic of consultations of the ESK (www.entsorgungskommission.de); the RSK Committee on FUEL SUPPLY AND WASTE MANAGEMENT (VE) ceased to exist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)