The RSK was informed about the progress of work within the ad hoc working groups:
- grid stability,
- long-term operation and post-operational phase of the fuel pools,
- station blackout and long-lasting loss of offsite power,
- loss of service water supply (loss of primary ultimate heat sink),
- load crash,
- flooding of the annulus,
- earthquake: consideration of all of all conditions of low-power and shutdown operation,
- aircraft crash with fuel fire, and
- accident management measures.
The statement on the nuclear non-mandatory guidance instruments “Revision E” (in German) was adopted.
The consultations on the statements "Plant-specific safety review (RSK/ SU) of German research reactors in the light of the events in Fukushima-1 (Japan)" and “Loss of the primary ultimate heat sink” are close to being concluded and are scheduled for adoption at the next meeting.